A 4-day Tanzania camping safari offers a thrilling adventure through some of Tanzania’s most iconic national parks and wildlife-rich areas. A typical 4-day camping safari might include visits to Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, and Tarangire National Park.
The 4-day camping trip in Tanzania, which is reasonably priced, commences from Arusha at approximately 08:00-8:30. The journey encompasses traversing the city of Arusha, allowing for a brief opportunity to make any necessary purchases before proceeding towards Tarangire National Park.
Itinerary for Your 4-day Tanzania Camping safari
Day 1: Arusha to Tarangire National Park
- Morning: Depart from Arusha and drive to Tarangire National Park.
- Afternoon: Game drive in Tarangire, known for its large herds of elephants, baobab trees, and diverse wildlife.
- Evening: Set up camp in a designated camping area inside the park. Enjoy dinner and overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 2: Serengeti National Park
- Morning: Drive to Serengeti National Park, one of Africa’s most famous wildlife destinations.
- Afternoon: Game drive in the Serengeti, where you can spot the Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, and rhino) and witness the incredible wildebeest migration (if visiting during the migration season).
- Evening: Camp inside the Serengeti, experiencing the sounds of the African wilderness. Enjoy dinner and overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 3: Serengeti to Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Morning: Morning game drive in the Serengeti. Explore different parts of the park and observe the diverse wildlife.
- Afternoon: Drive to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the stunning Ngorongoro Crater.
- Evening: Camp on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater. Enjoy the breathtaking views and prepare for the next day’s adventure. Dinner and overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater to Arusha
- Morning: Descend into the Ngorongoro Crater, a natural amphitheater and home to a wide variety of wildlife, including the Big Five.
- Afternoon: Game drive in the crater. Explore the diverse ecosystems within the crater and observe the animals in their natural habitat.
- Evening: After the game drive, drive back to Arusha, marking the end of your 4-day Tanzania camping safari adventure.
- Transportation: Transportation from your starting point to the safari destination and back is usually included. This could be in the form of a 4×4 safari vehicle.
- Accommodation: Accommodation in camping sites within or near national parks is included. This typically involves staying in tents. The tents are usually equipped with basic amenities like sleeping mats and sometimes beds.
- Meals: Most packages include meals throughout the safari. This includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Special dietary requirements can often be accommodated if requested in advance.
- Park Fees: Entrance fees to the national parks and conservation areas you visit are usually included in the package.
- Game Drives: Daily game drives with experienced guides who know the area and can help you spot wildlife are included. These game drives can happen early in the morning and in the late afternoon when animals are most active.
- Camping Equipment: Camping equipment like tents, sleeping bags, and sometimes camping chairs and tables are provided.
- Staff: You might have a team of staff accompanying you including a driver-guide, a cook, and camp assistants who handle the logistics of setting up the campsite.
- Flights: International and domestic flights to and from Tanzania are usually not included in the package.
- Travel Insurance: Travel insurance, covering trip cancellations, medical emergencies, and other unexpected events, is generally not included but highly recommended.
- Visa Fees: Fees for obtaining a Tanzanian tourist visa are not typically included in the package.
- Optional Activities: Activities like hot air balloon safaris, guided walking safaris, and cultural visits to local communities are often not included but can be arranged for an additional cost.
- Personal Expenses: Expenses for souvenirs, tips, alcoholic beverages, and other personal items are usually not included.
- Additional Accommodations: Accommodations before or after the safari, if you choose to stay extra days in Tanzania, are not part of the safari package.